- Ironing. Several slow passes with a properly heated iron will make that skirt look beautiful. Skating the iron furiously back and forth as if beating eggs, after letting it heat up for 5 seconds, will not get the skirt ironed any sooner, but will just make me sweaty.
- Blowdrying my hair. It takes 10 minutes. It always takes 10 minutes. It will not take less time if I brush faster, or hold the hair dryer closer.
- Vacuuming. Same as ironing. Vacuuming faster can save time only if I use it as an excuse to skip exercising.
- Cooking. Because raw food sucks. And so does bleeding on the veggies because I was chopping too fast.
- Putting kids to bed. Speed reading the Clifford book will result in at least 2 additonal minutes of interruptions and requests to see that page again.
Tuesday, May 3, 2011
Things That Cannot Be Done Faster
There are certain tasks that are impossible to complete more quickly regardless of how fast or hard I work at them.
Labels: Kid Stuff