Pages

Sunday, August 6, 2017

The Way I Am

I dabble, or I obsess. It's the reason I rarely get passionate about things, because honestly life's too short and too big to sink into one thing to the exclusion of all others. From time to time though, I indulge in an obsession. Possibly a TV show (Vampire Diaries) or a band (MCR) or a celebrity (Alan Rickman). Or maybe just a song or album (we won't talk about how many times I've listened to 'Light of the Seven' on repeat for at least an hour.)

And then there are things I dabble in. Like running. Which involved two 5Ks and one "Marathon Relay" and painful foot problems, and my subsequent realization that running just isn't my thing.

But in between dabbling and obsessing, I have the interests that have been consistent in my life, and although that interest may never get to the level of passion, these things are who I am:

Pop Culture
History
French
Music
Piano
Beethoven
Chopin
Libraries
Radio
Baseball
Newspapers
Gardening
Camping
Bicycling
Humor
Travel
Writing
Movies 

The stories I love and write are about people who are misunderstood and the ways they find to express themselves honestly to the world. 

My latest obsession has, unfortunately, been politics. I try to remind myself that this blends my interests in History and Pop Culture. But I'd much rather let this newest obsession lapse. Can't manage to close both eyes to it though. 

I have a Pinterest inspiration page for the novel I'm currently querying, THE LIFE YOU STOLE. 





No comments:

Post a Comment

This is where you write something so I know you were here. And where I will sometimes write back.