Pages

Saturday, May 2, 2020

Missed May 1st

Trying to do a little bit more writing of what I have accomplished. However, actually accomplishing things takes time, and leaves less time for writing. Yesterday was Friday. I spent the morning researching a compensation issue regarding work, and dealing with personal finances, and then I did a big cleanup in the flower garden area. Still need to dig out the encroaching lilies of the valley. This took most of the afternoon, and was uneventful other than when I disturbed a hibernating toad and bee.

Helped Sarah, who wanted to make "Froggy Bread," so we had rolls and bread with our grilled chicken dinner. After dinner Matt and I prepped the grid for the square foot garden. Then we did a fire in the firepit and had lil smokies, popcorn and marshmallows and lots of deep and frivolous talk with the kids, and stayed up so late I didn't even read before bed.

Today, I did a little more financial planning work in the morning, and then I planted the first round of seeds, lettuce, scallions, brussels sprouts (fingers crossed for better results this year), kale and snap peas (fingers crossed that something doesn't eat these seeds). Labeled everything, covered up the empty spots so they don't get festooned with tree buds, and transplanted half a peony and planted an Easter lily.

Tried using up some of my chive pesto in stuffed mushrooms for dinner. Used very little pesto and ended up with way too much cheese filling, so I had to make a whole plate of hors d oeuvres, which were nice, but the kids did not like. Used the mushroom stems to make mushroom rice, and a grilled pork tenderloin. Strawberries. And Sarah made banana bread for dessert/snack. Once again, a filling day, food-wise. Didn't feel like a lot was accomplished, but Matt brought up all the patio furniture, Sarah cleaned the patio and table, and Robbie did his black belt test via zoom video chat.

The mundane household tasks seem to be expanding to fill the available time, and I definitely do NOT like that. Somehow need to communicate some kind of urgency. Of course kids do not experience this feeling at all, and in fact are experts at finding "something else" they must do, whenever a mundane household task is brought to their attention.

Anyway, we finished watching Ozark tonight, and might try to read some more before bed. At some point, maybe tomorrow, I need to test my replacement mixer. But this is supposed to be for what I HAVE done, not a to-do list. However, without actively working on a to-do list, I seem to lose track of all the minor things to do, like sorting the mail and putting away clutter, and why do these minor things always seem to add up to so much time?

1 comment:

  1. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete

This is where you write something so I know you were here. And where I will sometimes write back.